|Posted on January 2, 2018 at 8:50 AM|
Image is mine. Unauthorized use prohibited.
My hubby gave me the gift of health for Christmas: a swimsuit, aqua shoes, and an Apple Watch. He's such a sweetheart! I asked for the suit, shoes, and an activity tracker to replace my old activity tracker that bit the dust. His conclusion about buying the Apple Watch was activity trackers that don’t last much more than a year are worthless. Since he believes Apple has quality products, it could easily pay for itself in a short time. Are all brands are like that? Who knows. A few people I know have been very disappointed with theirs. So, here is what I’ve discovered that I can do with my Apple Watch so far:
1. Track my walking, standing, and exercise easily.
2. Check my heart rate, something important since the autoimmune disease I have affects my blood vessels.
3. Track my sleep patterns with an additional app on my iPhone, h899since having fibro affects my sleep quality.
4. Swim and aqua jog with it simply by pressing the water drop symbol.
5. It synchs with Achievement, an app that rewards me being active.
6. The Apple Health app records my vitals.
Now I can find out important information to compete with myself to improve my health while I build back up with exercise.
So what about your Christmas presents? Did you get wearable fitness tech gadgets? If you did, this is what you can expect from your fitness tracker, provided you are willing to beat the odds that Wired.com says about the people who wear activity trackers:
1. Goal setting capability on most.
2. Notifications to help you meet your goals.
3. Facts about your exercise, movement, and sleep habits are right in front of your eyes.
4. Synching capability across apps with your smartphone.
5. Social accountability when you connect with friends and family who are also using wearable technology that synchs with your social media.
6. Better health and weight loss IF you do what you claim you will do.
7. The ability to re-set your goals for higher achievement.
8. Connect with Achievement.com to earn rewards. Use this link http://tinyurl.com/yasdzru9 to sign up. If you join because you read this post, you and I each get 250 bonus points!
Have you already broken your New Year resolutions? You aren't alone. Need help to not only begin improving your health and losing weight, but to also keep it off? Sign up for a Healthy Lifestyles group, personal coaching, or partner up with a friend! If you sign up to become an Insider, you can get a special discount for Healthy Lifestyles! Insiders always get discounts for products and services, special offers, and news sent right to your inbox. When you become involved with Healthy Lifestyles coaching, you can learn how to make the most of that fitness tracker and other great health and fitness gifts you received for Christmas.
So, what great health and fitness gifts did you get for Christmas? In what ways do you expect them to help you meet your health and fitness goals? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Want more information about Healthy Lifestyles? Contact me at email@example.com.
This interesting bit of technology is a very helpful tool to motivate me to compete with myself to improve my health. Make your Christmas fitness gadgets work for you.
May God bless you!
Special note: The only link for which I receive anything is Achievement.com. I do not have affiliate links in this post otherwise.
Read more about fitness trackers and Apple watches:
"The One Thing Nobody Told You about the Apple Watch Series 3" Forbes Magazine.
The Best Activity Trackers of 2018. PC Magazine.